Graduates will have ability to:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve the problems related to civil engineering
2. Identify, formulate and analyze civil engineering problems using the principles of mathematics, sciences and engineering sciences.
3. Design solutions for civil engineering problems and design system components or processes to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints.
4. Design and conduct experiments , analyze and interpret data through appropriate methods
5. Gain and use knowledge on contemporary issues, skills and tools such as CAD, FEM , GIS etc. necessary for engineering practice.
6. Assess the societal needs and bring solutions through professional engineering practice
7. Understand impact of engineering solutions in context of social, cultural and environmental responsibilities and the need for sustained development
8. Apply ethical principles to professional civil engineering practice
9. Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings
10. Communicate effectively to the engineering community and with the society through effective reports, documents, presentations and drawings.
11. Demonstrate the knowledge of construction management, finance, asset management, public policy and administration in managing and executing the projects.
12. Recognize the need for, and engage in independent life-long learning
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- PEO I: Demonstrate the knowledge acquired in civil engineering steered by the principles of sustainable development meeting the demand of international standards.
- PEO II: Exhibit proficiency as practicing engineers, academicians and researchers.
- PEO III: Hold professional ethics as consultants, entrepreneurs and pioneers while addressing the challenges of the society.