Pilot Plant Facility
- Understanding the potential of a course in Food Processing and Engineering, Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India, has allocated grants worth Rs 4 crores to the department to set up the pilot plant facility.
- Pilot Plant contains pilot scale units of a wide range of dryers, heat exchangers,, packaging units, cold storage, washers, blanchers, peelers, chillers, freezer, separators, size reduction mills, mixers and evaporators for laboratory use and industry consultancy project works.
- Our students are trained to use pilot scale facilities for laboratory classes and also for carrying out research projects
|Dryers||Heat Exchangers||Fruits & Vegetable Processing Units||Packaging Equipment||Size reduction Mills & Mixers||Others|
Food Quality Testing Laboratory
- NABL accredited Food Quality Testing Laboratory (T-1996) equipped with analytical instruments like HPLC, GC, DSC, FTIR, water vapour permeability tester, gas analyzer, etc.
- We offer testing services to industries and entrepreneurs for various testing parameters of oil and other food materials.
Food Processing and Training Center
- Our Food Processing and Training Center is licensed by FSSAI as food manufacturer of different food products.
- We manufacture a vast range of bakery, confectionery, fruit and vegetable products under our brand names.
- FPTC also offers several training programs for industries, entrepreneurs, students and women self-help groups in food products manufacturing.
Food and Chemical Engineering Laboratory
- Our chemical engineering lab houses instruments like Tubular Heat Exchanger, Plate Heat Exchanger, Scrapped Surface Heat Exchanger, Extractor, Packed Column Distillation Unit, measuring set ups like Orifice meter, Venturimeter, Rotameter and pipe friction apparatus etc
Grain Processing Laboratory
- With equipment like Destoner, Oil expeller, Sheller, Polisher, Grader, LSU drier etc we train our students in various post-harvest operations in food grain processing.