“Teaching will be underpinned and brought to life by close collaboration with Industry thus adopting a multiple way process of knowledge transfer".
Why Department of Commerce, at KITS
- One of the finest school to have best faculty who come with a blend of academic and industry experience.
- Opportunity to engage in Professional Studies in any Accounting domain of your choice.
- Technology enabled teaching – learning experience.
- Dip yourself in providing solutions to humanity through wide range of CSR initiatives.
- Galaxy of alumni spread across globally and their continuous interaction with their almamater.
Assessment of Professional Capabilities and Competence
This component prescribes the requirements for a final assessment of the student’s professional capabilities and competence before qualification. It should test underpinning theoretical knowledge as well as the practical application of knowledge. Assessment is to be done at every stage of to measure the professional values, ethics, and attitudes acquired. Capabilities are the attributes held by individuals that enable them to perform their roles competently. The possession of capabilities gives a good indication that an individual has the potential to perform competently in the work place. Certain competences, professional skills and values acquired by the individual through practical experience are to be assessed in the work place by the concerned Manager under whom the student has worked.
It is the responsibility of the Department of Commerce to have in place assessment procedures that ensure candidates are appropriately qualified. The School has developed a series of assessments leading to the final assessment of capabilities and competence through the End of the Semester Examinations. The Department of Commerce has ensured that all assessments (Continuous and End of the Semester) is in recorded form.
Assessment Practice set by the Department of Commerce:
The course teachers should look for the students ability to demonstrate that they
• Have a sound technical knowledge of the specific subjects of the curriculum.
• Can apply technical knowledge in an analytical and practical manner.
• Can extract from various subjects the knowledge required to solve many sided or complex problems.
• Can solve a particular problem by distinguishing the relevant information from the irrelevant in a given body of data,
• Appreciate that there can be alternative solutions and understand the role of judgment in dealing with them.
• Can integrate diverse areas of knowledge and skills.
• Can communicate effectively with users by formulating realistic recommendations in a concise and logical fashion
• Can identify ethical dilemmas.
The practical experience part of the qualifying process is intended to facilitate the development and direct application of professional knowledge and skills.
Final Assessment of Professional capabilities and competence:
The End of the Semester Examinations would usually be carried out by the Office of the Controller of Examinations. The School is well aware that the assessment serves several purposes. First, it meets the expectations of the employers and secondly, the candidate needs to demonstrate his ability to discharge the responsibility in a competent manner. Third, the credibility of the Institution in general and the Department of Commerce in particular is enhanced.
Viva Voce Panel
A two member team comprising Senior Faculty member in the cadre of Associate Professor or above and the External Examiner constitute the viva voce panel. The Faculty Guide though not part of the panel he/she should make their presence available on the day of viva for any clarifications raised by the panel members.