To achieve scientific water management and water security for all, especially those in the semi-arid zones, with the application of academic, scientific, extension and capacity building inputs.
To impart higher education, to carry out research, to build capacity, and to solve location-specific problems for achieving sustainable water resources management, especially in the semi-arid zones of India.
- Enhancing higher studies in the water sector
- Providing R&D input to water management
- Encouraging collaborative research, exchange and twinning programs
- Supporting government/ private agencies through a consortium of consultants
- Transfer of technology, capacity building and extension activities
- Facilitating Ph D programs
- Conducting postgraduate programs
- Carrying out research - basic and applied
- Taking up consultancy assignments
- Transfer of technology, extension, training and capacity building
- Entering in to MoUs for joint research, exchange and sandwich programs