Welcome to Karunya NSS Unit
The National Service Scheme, at Karunya University, is one and only branch with large number of students in twelve units, working under a single motto “NOT ME BUT YOU”.
It aims at the following
- To develop the personality of students through community service.
- Integrating higher education to community service.
- To offer unique opportunities for the Institutions of Higher education to become instruments of change and development.
The cardinal principle of the program is that it is organized by the students themselves and both students and teachers, through their combined participation in social service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of national development. Besides the students, particularly, obtain work-experience, which might help them to find avenues of self-employment in any organization at the end of their university career.
- To render service to the community along with the regular education.
- To develop a sense of social responsibility among the youth.
- To apply the education obtained in finding practical solution to individuals and community problems.
- To provide an opportunity to work creatively and constructively around the educational campus.
- To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters
The community provides NSS volunteers the first hand knowledge of living conditions of the masses and thus, the process of mutual learning starts. The interaction of the community with students and teachers while on one hand enriches the personality of student volunteers and on the other hand helps the community to improve its living conditions.