Report on MoU Signed between Karunya University Coimbatore and EMC2 Bangalore , On 18/06/2010 Karunya University has signed up an MoU with EMC2 Bangalore. This would facilitate Karunya University to offer Information Storage & Management course as an elective paper in UG and PG programmes (IT,CSE & CA) once it is approved in the forth coming BoS meeting that is to be held during September 2010.
First the course would be offered as an add-on course to the students once the 5 nominated faculty members from IT,CA and CTC are enabled through FEP organized by EMC between Jul 12th and Jul 16th 2010.The enabled faculty members are encouraged to take the EMC proven professional certificates before the course is being offered in their respective departments.
EMC2 Bangalore will provide the training, courseware (book published by EMC on storage management), simulator and all support needed towards running the course.
EMC Spoke person has agreed to
1. Share the e-learning materials to faculty members and students.
2. Sponsor for seminar/workshop/FDP/conference arranged on storage and information management.
3. Assign an executive sponsorer to be part of BoS meeting that happens twice in a year. He said that this would help to bring company for recruitment.
4. Present the resume book of the certified students to different companies allied with EMC.
5. Share the master degree program curriculum that is being created in EMC.
6. Share the related course artifacts of virtualization and networking that is being introduced.
People present while signing the MoU are
1.) Dr. Paul P.Appasamy Vice Chancellor
2.) Dr . (Mrs) Anne Mary Fernandez Registrar
3.) Dr.R Elijah Blessing Vinoth Director(i/c) (CSE)
4.) Dr. Mohan. S Professor & HOD (IT)
5.) Mrs. Vani Vasudevan Associate Professor & HOD (CA)
6.) Mrs. Emi Retna Head-CTC
7.) Mr.J.Macklin Abraham Navamani Course Coordinator
8.) Mr.Joseph Amulraj Finance Officer
9.) Mr.Rajesh R. Nambiar EMC Academic Alliance Program